Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 19:39:44 -0400
> What are the proper header settings to ensure that nobody but
> list owners can access any of the list files (including the list of
> subscribers) except for the lists of old postings?

There are separate means for setting access for (1) the subscription list,
(2) notebook files (the logs of old postings), and (3) other files stored
on the FILELIST.

To restrict access to the subscription list, you can set Review= Owner .

If you wished to restrict access to the notebook logs, you would alter
the access-level value for the Notebook= keyword.

Other files in the FILELIST cannot have their access altered by setting
header keywords, but rather must be done by altering the individual GET
authorizations for each file listing as they appear in the FILELIST.  For
each file you must set the GET authorization to OWN if you wish to restrict
access to list owners only.  If you have a wildcard filename set, then
altering the GET authorization for the wildcard filename will affect all
of the future files that are stored under that wildcard.  (I believe that
old files would need to be individually changed manually.)

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]