Jack Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:24:34 -0400
> Something seems to be out of whack at the Lsoft documentation site, and
> I would appreciate some assistance from the Lsoft folks.
>
> I wanted to get the 1.8e listowners manual in several formats.  .doc,
> .pdf, .rtf & ascii text.  I went to:
>
>    http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/ownerindex.html
>
> and I see all 3 (and others) there.  If I put my cursor over one of the
> liinks,  it shows that the target is ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/documents/..... so
> rather than d/l with my browser as 4 seperate downloads, I started my ftp
> client (WS_FTP),  logged in as anon, went to DOCUMENTS (note case, there was
> no documents dir), found the 4 files and started the transfer. (With ftp, I
> can get all 4 in 1 shot.)  When I had received them, they turned out to be
> 1.8c versions, not 1.8e.

Very strange. I just went there with WS_FTP and d/l all owner.*  files and all were 1.8e. Are you sure you didn't get into one of the
'old' directories?

> So I got out of ftp and downloaded from the web page which claimed to be
> coming from the same place.  Got the .doc, .pdf & .rtf OK and they are the
> 1.8e versions.  The sizes may need updating however, as the ones shown on the
> web page are quite different from what I actually downloaded.
>
> The ascii text version was another story.  Got an error from IE, "The
> server returned extended information".  No idea what this means.

That URL points to:  ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/documents/listownr.manual
and listownr.manual doesn't exist :-(  You can ftp the same file at:
ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/documents/listownr.memo

I'll have this fixed, thanks.