Fri, 5 May 2000 23:16:18 -0500
> Is that actually the mailer program they are using, Internet Mail Service, or
> are they using Outlook or Outlook express to interface to it?

That is what is shown in her headers, all the info I had at the time.  She
has since said she is using Outlook '98 and says she has choice of plain,
Word, HTML and Rich Text.  She is composing in Word and says she has a
pull down where she clicks on plain text in Word.  Then she clicks on one
of the four above.  I suspect some other setting in Word but don't know as
haven't used Word since about '92 and very little then.

She sent me a little note, each supposedly done in Word with the "plain"
for Word, using each of the four for Outlook.  All were sent as multipart/
alternative.  In looking at the HTML part of each there is a little
difference for each of the formats, but HTML part is always there. Below
is the HTML part for the Outlook plain format, in case it gives you
any ideas.  Thanks.        Douglas

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Format Plain Text </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>This is the format of the plain text.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>