Joop Reijenga <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:02:10 +0200
On 30 Sep 2004 at 17:27, John Lyon wrote:

> > Point where I was looking for is related to the new (1.8e) option to define
> > the Sizelim= setting in K (Kb) or M (Mb) instead of amount of lines.
> >
> > 1st Q: I am wondering if this K or M setting is also possible for defining
> > the digest size but can't find anything about that.
>
> It is not documented for Digest. However, if you set something like:
> Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,1900,Size(80k)
> LISTSERV does not complain about the syntax. So you could try it and see
> what happens.

I would love to try but can't risk it John. About 80% of the
members are using DIGEST. It is a support list for ME/CFS patients
and changing without being sure of the results could create
problems for them and SurfNet only hosts our list so I have no
options to try it out on a testlist.
Therefor I have to be sure that a setting like that is accepted
before implementing it.

One of the reasons that I want to switch (if possible) is indeed
the problem as Rich Greenberg described in his reply. I also think
that these non-wrapping mailers mess up the line limit setting as
it is used now.
And I agree with him that it isn't a Listserv bug, in fact it is a
bug of these mailers by not wrapping conform the RFC defined max
linelenght :-/

> > 2nd Q: a MIME digest contains more lines (headers etc.) as NOMIME digests.
> > How does Listserv calculate this (in our case) 1500 limit? Calculated based
> > on incoming?
>
> LISTSERV will cut off at 1500 lines, regardless of what the lines
> contain. So yes, it's the lines in the inbound messages to the digest.

OK, thanks.
Both thanks for your replies.

Replying with a cc to my address would be appreciated since I am on

Regards,
Joop Reijenga.