Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Mar 1992 14:32:55 EST
We have a list which we want to make available only to various campuses
within the university.  Even with wildcards, we are talking about, perhaps,
twenty different nodenames.

I tried  Service= node1,node2,*.CUNY.EDU,...  and Confidential= Service

This works fine, but only to a point - it seems that Listserv ignores
any Service areas I try to define past the first 8.  This happens even
if I split the Service= keyword onto multiple lines.  In other words,
if someone tries to Subscribe to the list, but their node is not one of
the first 8 listed in the Service= keyword, then they are told that they
are outside of the service area of the list.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this limit?  Perhaps by defining
another variable, such as CUNY= node1,node2,... and then saying Service= CUNY?
If that IS possible, where would the other variable be defined?

Thanks.

Bill Gruber
City University of New York Computer Center