Gayle Surrette <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:31:07 GMT
Thanks for the helpful tips on finding why I continued to get
error messages on a person I'd already deleted from the list.

What I did:

I checked the header carefully and noted that the host address
changed from m4.sprynet.com to sprynet.com in some of the
error message.

I then checked a list review for all members with a sprynet.com
address.  I found one that had a member address that was a
partial match to the original address.
       original:   [log in to unmask]
       found:      [log in to unmask]
The member names differed.  So I sent email to this new address
and it bounced/created an error message almost the same.
Deleted that address and haven't had a problem with that
particular error message since.

I should have thought of it before -- but the suggestions helped --
sometimes you can't see the trees for the forest.

Gayle

Gayle Surrette, Dept. Computer Coordinator     [log in to unmask]
Brown University, Maxcy Hall, Box 1916              [log in to unmask]
Providence, RI 02912