"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 11:44:00 EST
Siegfried Schmitt <[log in to unmask]> says:

>I don't know exactly, but it might be sufficient to include the
>line
>
>   List-Id = NAME
>
>in your list header. This does of course not set up an automatic
>notification, but users will be able to subscribe to both NAME and
>NAME-L.

I should have been more specific in my original post, but the postmaster
of the site specifically does not want NAME@HOST to be a valid address
(owing to the aforementioned address conflict), only [log in to unmask]
However, we would like to arrange it so that a *command* to LISTSERV
(specifically a SUBSCRIBE command) would be recognized, but only to send
the pre-recorded message.

Thanks.

Shahrukh Merchant