Ian Fairclough <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:49:04 -0400
Thanks, Pete, an interesting read!  I have been investigating the list
statistics.

Short of a manual count: Can you (or any LSTOWN-L reader) advise me how to
find out how many subscribers have actually posted to the list?  And how
many messages each person has sent?   Also, the count for the number of
messages only goes back as far as January 2005, whereas the list began
operations in October 2004.  Can I get a complete count? - Ian

Ian Fairclough
Marion (Ohio) Public Library
tel. 740-387-0994 x233
___________________________________

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Pete Weiss
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] list review by a professional organization

Certainly the number of subscribers, and their growth rate (month to month)
is usually of interest; similarly number of monthly messages posted, notable
Subjects discussed, abstract of any personal thanks you may have received
(anonymized), perhaps what you see as the added "value" of having the
discussion list.

You might think of this effort as forming the basis of some milestone PR.
E.g., here is a short 'blurb from May of '02 that was the result (in part)
of the list stats.

http://www.nasfaa.org/publications/2002/ty10thfinaid051002.html?Print=Yes