Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 02:41:22 +0100
>I've been wondering, why does this show up under SHOW LICENSE and not under
>SHOW RELEASE or SHOW VERSION?  Build date really doesn't seem to have
>anything to do with the license, but everything to do with the
>release/version.

The build date is actually relevant to SHOW LICENSE because license keys can be
restricted to a certain range of build dates. For instance, the Lite keys do not work
with builds which predate the Lite functionality. The build date wasn't originally put
in SHOW VERSION for fear of breaking scripts which post-process this command
(I know I have a number of these, which suggests others also do). Eventually we
changed the format of SHOW VERSION anyway for Y2000.

  Eric