Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Feb 1994 01:39:14 -0500
> Hello.  We have a list called XYZ, but the suscribers wanted to call it PQR.
> So we created PQR from XYZ.  We are going to do away with list XYZ soon, but
> the account XYZ will remain for a while.  Is there a straightforward way to
> make LISTSERV accept mail addressed to XYZ as if it were addressed to PQR?

For all that I know, there may be a permanent way to either make an alias
address from XYZ to PQR or to have Listserv generate a message saying
"There is no more XYZ, use address PQR" but I wouldn't know; you must ask
your Listserv coordinator about that (and if he doesn't know, he should
ask LSTSRV-L).

For now, you can delete all XYZ subscribers if you hadn't already done so
( QUIET DELETE XYZ *@* but be careful -- this is an irretrievable step!),
then add PQR@nodename as the sole subscriber, and then change your control
file header so that Subscription= Closed and perhaps also Confidential=
Yes .

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]