Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:38:46 -0500
On 9/30/97 8:58 AM CDT, Pauline M. Marshall <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Now, If I set up the list as Owner= A I understand that I cannot be
>booted, because I am the only one able to edit the header, but if I add B
>as an owner, then what is stopping B from editing me out of the list and
>take it over?

Technically, nothing.

Morally? If you define someone as an owner that you do not trust NOT to
take over your list, then you get what you deserve.

Of course, you can always contact your LISTSERV maintainer and ask that
they put you back on the list. But I would imagine that you'd have an
uphill battle to convince them that you aren't a security risk.

>Does this change with them being a 'quiet' owner.

No. Quiet just means they won't get mail sent to [log in to unmask]

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;