Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 11:54:27 -0700
It seems that now there is no way to change a subscription to anonymous user.

For example, I get the following notice

Firstname  Lastname <(username)@AOL.COM>  has just  subscribed to <blah blah>

Firstname Lastname is exactly what they entered.

I don't really mind if people want their names to be anonymous since they will
just remain moderated, but the commands to try and get rid of the "Firstname
Lastname" no longer work.  I can't do an "add (username)@aol.com *", it won't
update the name field.  Neither email command nor web page commands will get
rid of the name.

Maelstrom listserver, I believe it has the level b patch, at least level a.  A
reminder as to how to check would help too :)

Tanx,
Randy