Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 May 1996 10:51:48 EDT
On Sat, 25 May 1996 21:37:24 -0800 Peg N McCuaig said:
>Hi.... first question:
>
>I have set my list up with no archives. I am assuming that I can not have
>digests without having archives. Am I wrong on that? (ie listserv sends out
>the incoming mail and then writes over that hard drive sector if needed.)

While the default for Digest is No if Notebook= No, you <can> enable
digests on a non-archived list by defining the Digest= keyword.  See
Appendix B of the List Owner's Manual for details.

>And the second question:
>
>Is there a way for the listowner to get digests and still receive
>individual posts as they are forwarded by listserv?

Not without two subscriptions.  For instance, your normal account could
get the individual posts, and you could make another account (or a sendmail
alias, which might make more sense) like pegn-dig, which would in turn
point to your normal account pegn.  Then you add pegn-dig to the list
and set it to digest and voila, you get both individual posts and the
digest in one mailbox.  That's the one way I could think of right off
the bat and after only one cup of coffee...:)

Nathan