Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 16:07:30 -0400
I've read here that an owner can always post directly through a list even if
Send= Editor and the owner is not listed as an editor.

However, if Owner= (LISTB) and Send= Editor and I'm not an explicit Editor
but I'm subscribed on LISTB -- can I post directly to my list (since I'm
an owner)?

I'm hoping not, since I'd like there to be a way in which I can be an
owner of a shared newsletter distribution list without having to be
cautious about my accidently posting through the list (when I'm trying to
submit something to the editors).

Also, knowing this will help me understand why one of our editors can't
post through the list even though she's on "LISTB" -- that is, I thought I
didn't have to add her explicitly as an editor because she was an owner,
via the owner= (LISTB) mechanism.

Thanks for any help.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]