Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:08:05 -0800
On  5 Feb 97, Alex Rudd wrote:

> Does anyone else keep track somehow of the subscribers to a
> By_Owner list?  If so, how do you do it?  Can anyone think
> of a way I might automate what I do so it's not so time-
> intensive?  I'm computer literate, but not a programmer, so
> making some fancy EXEC to append my text file with new
> information properly formatted is beyond me.

Other than the dates/times, I get a complete list by using a "q listname"
command (the subscribers are listed under the header) or by using a "scan
listname" command (listserv 1.8c)  This will give you the address that the
server recognises and their call name.  I can take the word processor and have
it insert commas automatically (for a comma deliniated file) or use a space
delineated function, then use it in a word processor database or an actual
database.  I've done this with a list that I maintain "personal info" on.  When
I do a new query, I merge the new file with the old and it only adds what isn't
there already, indexed on the email address.  I have to hand remove people
though.  Works good enough that I can streamline it into the word processor or
use a report to gather information I need from the data.

Liz

          Liz & the Terv Herd
  Somewhere on the beautiful Oregon coast
              Spiritbrook