Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 05:58:35 -0400
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Shalom Berger wrote:

>My question is how to protect my subscribers from receiving the virus (or
>the notice that the virus has been stripped from the message) via my
>listserv.

For this incident, it is too late. You can't do anything now because its
like trying to close the barn door after the horse has escaped. The
message about your subscribers receiving a virus isn't coming from
Listserv, its coming from their virus filter software.

Your best bet is to run your anti-virus program every day and make sure it
is set to automatically retrieve the latest DAT file daily, or even
better, get rid of that monstrosity that runs Windows and buy a Mac with
OS X and the odds of you having a virus again or having your computer
hacked drop considerably.

As for Listserv, you could use the "confirm" option on the "Send" keyword
to prevent unauthorized emails from being distributed via your list, but
that might change the tenor of your list. See the L-Soft documentation for
information on the "Send" keyword and its options.