MIKEHOLLOWAY <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:17:58 -0400
Do you have your list set for self-moderation?  That is,
Send= Editor[,Hold]
Editor= userid@host,(listname)

I'm currently in the same boat as you, but I'm able to simply ignore all
American.edu gateway posts.  The only newsgroup posts that get bounced are
those with the Newsguy.com address.  I'm presuming that authors are getting
two "your message has been forwarded" notices, but no one's complained.  So
the only one on my list being inconvenienced by American University's
ignoring requests is me, and it's a minor inconvenience that I'm willing to
live with after all the help they've given us over the years.

The continued forwarding of posts doesn't worry me as much as the
continuing question of admin authority of the bit.listserv.* groups.  That
really must be transferred.

Mike Holloway