"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 10:37:49 +0000
Stage setting:
I currently have my list(s) set up so that when new subscribers subscribe,
they are on review, and the following (snipped for berevity):

* Send= Editor
* Daily-threshold= 250,15
* Sizelim= 100
*
* Editor= [log in to unmask],(i-barc)
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Pauline M. Marshall)
* Owner= Quiet:

Now, I have a few questions in reguards to the daily-threshold setting
that I couldn't find the answers to the manual.

I was just wondering how being on review and reaching the 'personal daily
limit' effect each other.  Does the sender recive a notice and I not get
the messages for review?  Do I get the messages for review and then they
are told that they are over the limit?  Or does being on review, and me
approving messages by-pass the limits?

Also, does the daily limit for a subscriber reset itself, or do I have to
free them like the list?  Do the message(s) already sent get queued up and
released, or do they have to be resent?

With my list set up with the list being in the editor field, does this
mean that everyone will bypass the personal daily limit, and list limits.
It says in the manual:

"When the value of the optional second parameter is readched by an
individual user, the user is told that theiri posting will not be
processed and that they should resend it later if they still want it to be
posted......Note that list owners, and list editors are exempt from the
individual daily limit."

So, with the above line in my header, does that defeat the whole personal
daily limit thing?  Or is the a case of confusing editor with editor
again?

Also, about the list's daily limit.  Once free'd, do those message count
toward the next day's total if the list is free'd before midnight?  What
about after midnight?  What happens to the messages if I don't free the
list?  What happens if I free it later the next day, or day two?  Do they
show up then?

*Having a bad day....*

| Pauline M. Marshall         /  /                 --= MightyMouse =-- |
| [log in to unmask]           /  /        http://www.logic.net/~mmouse/ |
| UNIX is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.|
|     All contents in this mail are copyright of the orginal author    |