Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:24:37 -0600
On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, j newton wrote:
> No, I'm not using autodelete, I manually delete people when they start

Well, it certainly sounds like you should be; will cut your workload
dramatically.

> It seems like nothing I do will stop the list server from distributing
> bounces back to the other members.

There is nothing you can do about that; those error messages are being
sent *directly* to the subscriber (generally whoever posted the item)
by mail systems which can't properly read eamil headers.  Those are
never processed by listserv so there is nothing you can do about it
other than set the offending subscriber DIGEST (there will then be only
one bounce per day and it WILL come to you, set it NOMAIL (not a good
idea if you might forget about it an leave it there for years; do you
use RENEW= ?) or delete the sub.  NOPOST won't do anything, the errors
aren't going through LISTSERV, and neither will a filter as those errors
are not going through LISTSERV, they are being sent directly from the
non-receiving system to whomever posted the item which wasn't delivered.

Douglas