Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:28:37 -0500
> Thanks for the reply, but I don't see how to use the information. I've
> spent several hours working on this problem, and have not found a way
> to do it in one step. Sure, I can edit the message that is included

I'm not sure it can be done in one step, can't be done with any system
I've ever done.  When you edit an "ok" approval item you have to make
it a NON-ok approval item.  OK tells LISTSERV to send what it has
stored, which you cannot edit. You take what you are sent as an "ok" item,
and strip the LISTSERV mail header down to the original header, converting
it into a forward/bounce/resent item, then you can do as you please.

E.G. in Pine I would save the item to my "edit" folder, exit pine,
open the folder as a plain file, edit as I please, other than not
touching the parts that mark it as a mail"folder," save, renter Pine,
call up the edit folder and bounce the edited item.  It is no longer
an "ok" item, it is a forward/bounce approval item.

Unless you have access to what LISTSERV has stored as E720G06
I don't think you can edit and have the item remain an "ok" item.

If you use that "ok" approval code LISTSERV is going to distribute
a copy of what it sent you, exactly as it sent it to, as that is
what matches the "ok" code.  If you want to edit you cannot do an
ok approval, you must change it to a forward/bounce/resent approval.

Douglas