Wes Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Jul 1993 11:27:24 EDT
>A faculty member at my university is leaving shortly for Switzerland
>for a year's sabbatical and wishes to remain in electronic contact
>with UB.   What are his options?
>
>I can think of: get an account at an institution in Geneva and do Telnet.
>Any suggestions of institutions that might offer such a privilege?

I'd suggest that he (or you) get in touch with the folks at nic.switch.ch;
that site is apparently the "network hub" for Switzerland, and they should
be able to direct you to the appropriate sites (depending on his location
within Switzerland).

I've found that many sites will provide "visiting/travelling faculty"
accounts as a professional courtesy.  I've done it, and some of our
faculty has benefitted from similar courtesy; it's a trend that should
be aggressively fostered.  8)

--Wes