Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 12:37:41 +0100
On Thu, 19 Jan 1995 09:47:59 -0600 "Leon D. Wald" <[log in to unmask]> said:

>1)  Is there  an  easy way  to  have Confirm  set  for Subscription  and
>Validate and  yet not require the  list owner to validate  each one when
>adding a whole list of new subscribers (using the ADD command)?

Yes, but  only if  the list  owner has  an account  on the  machine where
LISTSERV  is running.  You have  configured  your list  with the  highest
available level of  security, and LISTSERV is just  following your orders
:-) If  you have  an account  on the same  system, you  can use  the lcmd
utility (TELL  on VM)  and there  will be  no password  verification. The
operating system guarantees that the  person issuing your command somehow
knew your logon password.

>3) Now that we have a list of users,  is it safe to edit the header in a
>Windows editor  (like Notepad) as long  as I don't touch  the subscriber
>list section and I save as ASCII?

Yes, no problem with notepad. Do not use write or word though.

  Eric