"Bosilovich, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:34:30 -0400
Hi:

I'm a list owner for a Listserv Lite mailing list that had been running
smoothly for over a year now.  One day about 2 months ago, the messages just
stopped coming.  I sent a personal email to everyone on the list (there are
only 162 subscribers), and found that there are roughly 60 other subscribers

that have not received recent messages.  It's not just the messages. When I
send commands to the command address, I don't receive any reply at all.

I have tried un-subscribing and re-subscribing some users, but it does not
help.

I did not see anything in the manuals or FAQs regarding this problem.

If anyone can help with either the List header options or server settings (I
do not have admin rights for the mail server - but I can pass any solutions
along), I would appreciate the help. Please feel free to respond to me
directly
at [log in to unmask] Header, subscriber, and some list information is
included
below (note that other owners and the list name has been omitted for
privacy).

Thanks,

Brian Bosilovich

Ack= No
Confidential= Service
Validate= No
Reply-to= List,Respect
Review= Private
Send= Private
Errors-To= Owner
Owner=  [log in to unmask]
owner=  [snip]
owner=  [snip]
Notebook= Yes,A,Weekly,Private
Attachments= No,Filter

.HH ON

SUBSCRIBER OPTIONS:

All users that aren't receiving postings are currently set to:

NODIGEST
MAIL
FULLHDR
REPRO
NOACK

RELEASE:

LISTSERV(R) Lite for Windows NT version 1.8d, managed by:
  [note that only one of the other owners was listed here]

Alias file version:          *** File not found ***
Running under:               Windows NT Server 4.0
Runmode:                     Tableless (via SWGATE.LSOFT.COM)

SHOW STATS:

[listserv list omitted] is a non-backbone server running version
1.8d of  LISTSERV(R) Lite for  Windows NT under  Windows NT Server  4.0. The
average CPU time used by LISTSERV  is 0.0%. Since LISTSERV was last rebooted
(on 23 Aug 2002  at 09:04, ie 18 days and 1h06  ago), the following requests
have been processed:

- Interactive messages from users     331
- Postings to distribution lists        4 (646 recipients)
- DISTRIBUTE jobs (internal)            4
- DISTRIBUTE jobs (from network)     None
- Other incoming files                 12

- Database searches (interactive)    None
- Database searches (batch mode)     None

SHOW DIST:

DISTRIBUTE statistics for [listserv list omitted] - last reboot
on 23 Aug 2002 at 09:04, ie 18 days and 1h07 ago.

   Incoming               Since       Average
job statistics          last reboot   per hour
--------------          -----------   --------
Internally generated          4          0.0
From network               None          -
Mail distributions            4          0.0
Non-mail distributions     None          -

   Outgoing               Since       Average
job statistics          last reboot   per hour
To local mailer:
- BSMTP files                 4          0.0
-       rcpt count          646          1.4
-       rcpt average        161.5
- Non-BSMTP files          None          -

Files to local  users      None          -
Files to remote users      None          -
Jobs  to other servers     None          -