Doug LaVerne <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:27:00 -0500
   Would someone please point out some good references on mailing lists; e.g.
   books. I am particularly concerned with security, especially problems,
   threats, solutions and work-arounds presented by and for attachments. At
   the same time I need to learn about the general subject of security and
   weaknesses.

   Searches (initial) through yahoo, altavista, amazon, booksonline.com (and
   www.lsoft.com/manuals & LSTOWN-L archives) were not promising. I do
   remember one of the lsoft gurus' one-word advice on attachments: "don't".
   However, that one word doesn't fly with users, or with managers asking
   about vulnerabilities.

   While this is an lsoft list, I am interested in the broader subject of
   mailing lists. For one, 1.8c, bought to replace freeware Listproc 6.0, has
   been put on the back burner til our systems folks have time to reinstall
   1.8c or reinstallation priority rises.