Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:18:38 -0500
This question is related to the question I posted yesterday about
incorporating the 'join the list' form code into a custom page, then forcing
LISTSERV to go somewhere other than SUBEDIT-MAIN when the form is submitted.

Ben Parker suggested that we replace the default contents of the SUBEDIT-MAIN
template with a redirect. That works, however, in order to redirect the browser,
the page containing the redirect must be loaded, and while that page no longer
has any meaningful content, it still includes the header (WWW_ARCHIVE_HEADER)
and footer (WWW_ARCHIVE_FOOTER) that are generated for every web page. A page
containing nothing but the header and footer is displayed briefly (sometimes
not so briefly) when the user clicks the button to submit the form.

We can prevent this by saving empty header and footer templates, however, this
removes the header and footer from all of the list's web pages. We simply want
to suppress the header and footer on those pages where we are doing redirects.
Is there a way to suppress the header and/or footer on a page-by-page basis?

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator