David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:38:24 -0400
On 4/9/07, Paul Prusakowski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Has anyone had any problems with AOL blocking postings from your lists?  For
> the past 4-5 weeks AOL users have not received a posting from my list and I
> was wondering if anyone has had any success in dealing with someone who can
> straighten this out.  Thanks for any suggestions.

One thing you might do is contact their postmaster services.  Your
domain or IP might be blocked.  There are a few things you can do,
such as setting up a feedback loop, that will help get your messages
through.

Basically, AOL arbitrarily decides, sometimes based on users hitting
the 'report spam' button, which is right next to the delete button,
that a domain is a source of spam, and it blocks all mail from that
domain to any AOL user.

There is a whitelist process for mailing lists, but I think that the
complete set of things they require is too extreme to bother (at least
it was the last time I checked a couple of years ago)

If we ever reach the point where AOL is blocking messages from our
domain, I'm just going to notify our AOL subscribers that it's too
bad, they need to find another solution.

You should be able to find a link in your error messages with an
explanation of why your messages are being blocked.

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/ is a moderately good place to start.

Good luck, and please keep us informed on how it goes with AOL.

--
David Phillips
Molon Labe !