Chamier James <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 15:40:46 +0100
You might be best off using UUENCODE format. This is recognised by most
PC mailers automatically and decoded, and is a 100% text format. (Used
by the binary newsgroups).

the format is

     begin xxxx filename.xxx

     <data lines>

     end

in the message.

UUencoding has the advantage that it doesn't need any special headers.

hope that helps,
James
(listowner FRIENDS at Dartmouth)
           James Chamier, Application Developer, IBM UK Ltd
    [log in to unmask] - IBMMAIL(GBDSLJCH) - Tel 01932 745072
   Any views or opinions are mine and do not represent those of IBM