Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:14:03 -0600
Yes, I have found that in most instances the problem is that the command is
sent as an attachment.  LISTSERV doesn't seem to like that.  When someone
has a complaint of that sort I toggle to full header display, hmmm,
multipart/mixed (or whatever).  I then suggest the person try the command
again, with a cc: to me, and if that is sent the same way I tell him to
change content-type:  to text/plain.  In my experience that fixes the
problem 99% of the time, and usually the person has no gripe about doing
it, had no idea his mail was set that way (accepted the default and never
investigated).

Douglas Winship        [log in to unmask]