Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Feb 1992 18:18:18 PST
On Fri, 21 Feb 1992, Christopher Mark Conn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I'm having trouble sending mail to a member of my LISTSERV group in Canada.
>
>[log in to unmask] Vida Morkunas <----- here's her address
>/*
Both "MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates" (MDA.CA)
and  "Wimsey Associates" (WIMSEY.BC.CA) are members of BC*net,
British Columbia's network.

A probe of one of BC*net name-servers shows that the host
'van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca' is the MX (mail exchanger) for the 'MDA.CA' domain.

Looking at a list of UUCP sites, I notice two things:
 - it doesn't appear that MDAVCR has a connection to a "local" host
   with the name 'TYCHO',
 - the name 'TYCHO' is a registered UUCP site (Woodward McCoach, Inc.)
   in West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Confusing!

So, instead of the partial [log in to unmask], try [log in to unmask]
Or, try [log in to unmask]