Molly Beane <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:33:29 -0500
Hi Adam,

 >You may be thinking of various so-called states' so-called junk email
 >laws, which have so-called requirements of that so-called nature.

would you have a url that has more information on this, such as which
states and what kinds of laws?

Also, while visiting family over Thanksgiving, dh and I spent some time
with Microsoft's Outlook Express on one of their computers to help
configure it to triage all the spam to a delete pile.  We were shocked to
see the volume and x-ratedness of the spam coming in to their computer via
OE mail -- definitely not something to have showing up in 40-50 unwelcome
messages a day on the family computer.  The volume and deteriorated
"quality" seem to have shown up with the forced "upgrade" to the newest
OE.  Does anyone have any insight into whether this is happening in
general, and the best remedies for stopping it?  (Simply changing the
e-mail address does not look as though it would help very much.)

thanks for any ideas,
Molly