Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:23:04 -0500
Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Site animisstrator can unlock the list and add you as owner, but you
best
> have really good evidence before you ask for it.

A bouncing address for the list owner isn't good enough?  When I was the
Listserv admin here, that's all I needed - in fact, having a valid email
address in the owner field was *required* for ownership of a list (ie.
they had to be able to deal with the bounces).

If the situation was one where the owner was real and just wasn't
maintaining their list, well, that's a different case (and one where I
would not intervene).

> Some site aministrators wish the
> lists would go away and won't help much, if at all. You cannot assume
all
> site administrators know what you are talking about, nor that they know
> what to do about it if they do (you many have explain procedural details
> before they can do what they freely acknowledge should be done).

Why are they running a list server then?

(get the idea I don't have much use for the administrators you describe
above?)

Chris Barnes                                  (979) 458-1539
Computer Systems Manager                      [log in to unmask]
Dept of Geography                             AOL IM:  cnbarnes
Texas A&M University                          ICQ:     3581645