Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 12:25:24 -0500
We were unwilling to a) make our list conform to the needs of a very few
and shorten our digest b) say "tough" those who couldn't handle larger
digests and force them to nomail, which c) effectively forces off folks
who can't go the MAIL route.  So we kludged our handling of this on FLUTE
(note that we had other subscribers besides those from JUNO who couldn't
handle large digests.) So we set up a parallel list, which we subscribed
to our main list (set to mail). Here are the relevant header lines showing
its configuration. The other configuration bit is that these folks are
also subscribed to the main list, set to nomail (so they can post to the
list).  The only real problem from my point of view is that it adds a
little bit of work to set someone up on this list, and we need to remember
they are subscribed to both (and act accordingly) when we make management
decisions.

* Review= Owners Subscription= By_owner
* Send= Owners,[log in to unmask]
* Notify= Yes Reply-to=Sender,Respect Files= No
* Confidential= Yes Ack= No
* Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,Size(700)
* Daily-Threshold=100 Sizelim=230
* Default-options= Digest *

 -- [log in to unmask] Listserv Manager At Syracuse University --