John Roraback PhD <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 11:37:29 EDT
I may have missed it in the manual, but is it possible to change the text of
the response to a subscriber's "query" of their subscription status to include
not just the TOPICS to which they are subscribed, but to also include the all
the other available TOPICS? I am operating lists under the 1.8d beta version
of LISTSERV.

If this isn't currently possible, I'd like to make a request that this be
added to the final version of 1.8.  It would be useful to subscribers as a
means of knowing which TOPICS they may be missing. I would also like to see
such a change be made in such a way that the list operator could also limit
which TOPICS appear in the message, as I use one TOPIC to send messages which
i don't want to distribute to the list's membership (to avoid mail overload),
but want to appear in the database of items in the archive.

Thanks,

John Roraback