Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:15:25 -0600
At 11:39 AM 7/15/1997 -0400, you wrote:
>There are currently only three ways in which access to the review
>command is allowed:
>    (a) Everyone can use the command
>    (b) Only subscribers can use the command
>    (c) No one (except the list owner) can use the command.

I've done a couple of other things, too, without changing listserv.  On a
couple of lists that are NOT gatewayed to usenet, I've posted the results
of a review, done by me, to the list upon multiple requests.  I warn of it
in advance and that people will be getting a long file....then they can not
download if that is their preference, or download, or save or print.  I
don't do this more than once every six months, and only on "small lists"
(under about 800 subscribers).  List members are willing to assume that
there isn't a spammer on the list at that moment.  On other lists, I simply
grab a copy and mail it to someone on list that I know and trust, if they
ask for it.  Takes me about a minute and it is well appreciated.

You may not like either of these answers, but they work for me.   And, I've
no objection to putting in a new option, except the general concern that
the more options you put in, the more there are for newbies and others to
screw up.  Including listowners, who have one more option to worry about,
train users about, etc.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534