Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 15:07:01 -0800
Bon Matin Jilla,

Being the "errors-to:" I receive such bounces daily from sub'ers on my
list. The message says it: it's a warning ... The message is buffered in
some mail file on an host that cannot get a "working" connection on
PSUVM. Last time I've seen a user getting those was when an ISP was
doing "online" maintenance on their system ...

Since she receives it from her ISP, tell her to contact them and stop
buffering messages on your list. If service is resumed in the next 5
days *all* her messages *may* make it to your list. Hopefully if they
are all the same, LISTSERV will filter out duplicates (another nifty
LISTSERV unsung feature). She should contact root and/or postmaster at
her site (ie her local tech support) and tell them she's trying to mail
PSU.EDU and that the connection breaks at NY.MS.UU.NET ...

One thing though isn't UU.NET the domain from UUNET and if so does
someone have the e-mail address of a "central" troubleshooting authority
to report problems to ?

As stated in LISTSERV doc transient problem are "temporary" or, rather
solvable problems in *some* time ... as opposition to "unrecoverable" or
"fatal" errors ... If the problem persists 5 days it will generate
another bounce saying "unrecoverable, could not deliver for 5 days"...

--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L