Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 07:26:24 -0400
>Hello!  I run a LISTSERV serves the staff of an AOL site.  Everyone on my
>LISTSERV is on AOL, which is MIME compliant (so I'm told).  However the
>LISTSERV itself is off AOL.
>
>Curiously, all of my MIME compliant formatting disappears when I send e-mail
>through the LISTSERV and my question is, is there a way to make it retain the
>formatting?  I have not done any wacky modifications of the defaults.

I long ago set the default options on my list to:

FULLHDR        Full (normal) mail headers (formerly "FULLBSMTP")

in order to ensure that all the necessary headers needed to decode MIME
QP format would be delivered.  I don't know if ver 1.8c now includes this
information with SHORThdr.  It's on my list of things to check.  As a
matter of fact, I'll go do that now.

Bob
 Robert Ponterio                     | [log in to unmask]
 co-manager of FLTEACH               | State Univ. of New York Cortland
 Foreign Language Teaching Forum     |_________________________________
 http://www.cortland.edu/www/flteach/