"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Sep 1994 10:00:16 -0400
In this age of massive disruptions on the internet, I wonder at times
what possesses people to use site and pseudonyms like lucifer. My
inclination when I see this is to think that there is something wrong
and that I might be exposing my list participants to harassment at the
hands of either a religious fanatic or lunatic. The Greek names or
names like sun or surf nets or something that reflects your location
are actually quite interesting. The chances that I will post anything
from lucifer or the devil her/himself or even any form of God,
her/himself or angel or whatever are pretty much nil. Our particular
name as most at the University of Toronto, which probably has more
medievalists per square mile than any other university in North
America if not the world, is the Latin, sape reversed. Just a thought
about nettiquette. -- Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]