Mon, 13 Jan 1997 04:18:38 +0000
Thanks to Michael Jones I've solved my problem described below. What I
wasn't understanding in the manual was that the "filename" before $package
could vary.  I've had problems in the past storing files with filenames
different from my list's names but I spent some more time in the manual and
figured it out (put filename1 $package mylist pw=xxxxxxx).

Thanks
Cynthia [log in to unmask]
-------------------------
Fellow Listowners:

I would like to know if you can have more than one package of files in an
archive.  The way I read the 1.8b manual (section 8.8) I can only have

Mylist $Package

What I'd like to be able to do is offer different combinations of files in
several packages, and not be forced to have to package all of my file
archives into one package.  For example, I'd like to have

Mylist $Package1
Mylist $Package2
MyList $Package3

So can you do this in 1.8b or is "$package" a keyword or is the key the "$"?
I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has experience on this before I try it.

TIA and may 1997 bring you great discussions and information on your lists.

Cynthia [log in to unmask]