Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 03:11:26 GMT
On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:47:09 -0400, George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>EDITOR=(<[log in to unmask]>)

This cannot be.  LISTSERV requires the first Editor= to be a real
user@address, not a list, access class, or anything else.

>How will listserv distribute messages among the multiple editors
>on that list?

What you mean is multiple Moderator= adddress1,address2,address3, etc.

Unless you use the keyword ALL (Moderator= ALL,address1,etc)  LISTSERV will
distribute the msgs in round-robin fashion.  If you use ALL it will go to
all moderators all the time and any one may approve (which can lead to
multiple approvals, which is another can of worms).

If you use Editor= adddress1, address2, etc.  and do not define any
moderators, all approvals will go only to the first Editor.  ONly the list
of addresses after Moderator= will be processed in round-robin or ALL
manner.

I suppose you could do Moderator= ALL,(moderator_listname) but I've never
tried it.  I assume you have a lot of moderators who change often.
 Ben Parker .....(Oak Park IL -> Denver CO) ..... [log in to unmask]