Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:58:43 -0500
"Paul E. Prusakowski" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been on and off this list as my needs require, so I hope I am not
> asking something that just came up last week!
>
> I have had a recent outbreak of virus attachments on my list, and it is
> getting old.  My users are typically the not computer savvy folks, but
> rather clinicians.  The viruses have been .exe attachments.
>
> I have files=no in my header, but I guess that doesn't work in this case.
>
> How have you been dealing with this issue?

Since attachments tend to be much bigger than plain text messages,
putting
a size limit of maybe 600 lines or so (Sizelim= 600) on the messages
works
pretty well to eliminate attachments in general.  (The "Pretty Park"
virus
going around here lately appears to be over 1000 lines long.)  If
someone
-does- have a really long plain text message, they can always break it
into
part 1, part 2, etc.

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University