Bill Salmon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:14:00 -0700
"I know of what I speak because I have had two
incidents on lists that I host, which rose to the
level where threats were made to our legal counsel."

we had a situation that required us to move our list
from a university site to a private site so that we
could exert some control over who could and who could
not join the list. (or more accurately to remove
malignant posters.)

the very sad fact is list owners who are trying to
provide a public service are often held hostage by
unscrupulous individuals who will take any and all
opportunity to further their own goals regardless of
the general public welfare.

bill