Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:37:46 -0800
On Jan 13, 12:56am, maxdog wrote:

} unmediated to avoid bias. Now we have the bias of whoever yells loudest and
} longest.

Would it help to put in a fairly small limit on the number of posts/day
from any one user?  Its a parm in the list header.

>From the Lsoft listowners manual:

Beginning with 1.8c,  you can control the maximum number  of postings per
day per subscriber on a list-by-list  basis by setting the new (optional)
second  parameter  of the  "Daily-Threshold="  list  header keyword.  The
default is to have no such daily limit per user.

If set, when  the per-subscriber threshold is reached,  the subscriber is
told that  his message  cannot be  processed because  he has  reached the
limit for today, and  that he should repost his message  at a later time.
The counter for this limit resets to zero at midnight for all lists.

This   limit   is  waived   for   the   list   owner(s)  and   any   list
editors/moderators.

If you want to set this limit,  note that an overall daily threshold must
be  set for  the  list in  the  first  parameter of  the  keyword. If  no
"Daily-Threshold=" keyword  is already present  in your list  header, the
default is  "Daily-Threshold= 50".  Thus, to leave  the default  value in
force and to add a daily limit of  5 postings per day per user, you would
code:

* Daily-Threshold= 50,5

For more information see Appendix B.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507