Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 1993 14:22:44 +0100
On Fri, 19  Mar 1993 05:52:50 CST  Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Suddenly  my  list mail  from  [log in to unmask]  is going  through
>Princeton. That in itself  is not a major problem, but  much of the mail
>is never getting to me at all.

As far as I can tell, there  is no dedicated gateway for .MSSTATE.EDU, so
the mail is routed via INTERBIT. Without a DOMAIN NAMES change or LSV$DNT
exit and given the present topology, this means it goes through Princeton
(whether or  not UGA  ought to  be making such  changes is  another issue
which is  not for  me to  decide). Anyway I  don't see  anything abnormal
here. Why it doesn't arrive is another matter, of course.

>here promptly,  but mail from  the list is taking  a long detour  and in
>some cases vanishing totally.

I  don't  understand the  'long  detour'  bit,  can you  please  clarify?
Princeton  is one  hop  away from  UGA,  and as  you  know geography  and
networks  don't go  together  very well.  From  the network  perspective,
Princeton isn't very  far from Georgia; some places in  Texas are farther
away than that.

  Eric