LISTSERV Maintainer/Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:21:45 EDT
  I want to create a list which is closed for subscriptions (i.e.
Subscription= Closed), open for posting (i.e. Send= Public), but requires
confirmation of the post via the "ok" mechanism.  Any way to do it?

Details:
  A CGI running on our VM web server will process a form served out by the
VM web server.  When the user fills out the form and selects "Send", the CGI
will create a file in BSMTP format which uses the e-mail address entered on
the form for the "MAIL FROM" and "From:" field and sends the file to LMail
(a.k.a. MAILER) for delivery to the list (i.e. VM LISTSERV from LSoft).
We want LISTSERV to send a confirmation request to the e-mail address
entered on the form and used to build the mail sent by the CGI.  If the
person filling out the form "ok"s the release of the post to the list,
the post is released to the subscriber and an action is taken by the
subscriber.