Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:17:20 -0400
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Ben Parker wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:44:18 -0500, Russ Hicks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >     Attachments= No
> >
> >Then I sent a test attachment to the list and got back the message ...
> >
> >    >>> Mail template "BAD_ATTACHMENT" not found <<<
> >

> This message suggests that the LISTSERV server was not correctly updated to
> the 2000B 'Level Set' build by the Server Admin(s).  This template is not
> found in the base 1.8d DEFAULT.MAILTPL file from 26 Feb 1999.  It is not
> present in DEFAULT.MAILTPL until the 16 Jul 2000 update kit referred to above.
>
> While you can fix this for your own list, this problem may also affect other
> lists on the server and properly should be dealt with by the Admin.  (Stan
> will probably hate me for saying so.)
>
> Also, I think there are still 2 instances of LISTSERV running at Temple and
> I'm not sure which this one is.  Obviously, the Admin can contact L-Soft
> Support if they aren't certain what to do.

Yup. Being as though I am the site administrator at Temple, I guess I
should know that! Huh? :)

The Listserv involved is our Unix one. Ben, you were right on target. For
some reason, I had not updated the default.mailtpl and default.wwwtpl
files on that server. I just fixed that problem. Its interesting that it
took nearly two years for that problem to come to light!

Thanks Russ for setting the wheels in motion to make me aware of that
situation.