Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 02:07:17 +0200
On  Wed, 7  Aug 1996  19:43:20 -0400  George Buckner  <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Thus we don't  have to worry about which header  settings are public and
>which are  hidden. Thus when  a new owner  sets review=owner it  does as
>he/she might reasonably expect it to do  --not give any part of the list
>including the header  to anyone but the owner. Thus  when an owner wants
>to prevent access to certain header information, he/she has a relatively
>straightforward way to do it  without sacrificing list visibility in the
>LIST-OF-LISTS.

As you said, this is just another  tradeoff. What if I don't want to have
"Review= Owner" but do want to hide the list of naughty people? What if I
want to  keep the  list of  subscribers confidential,  but keep  the list
header public? Finally, technically the list  of lists is a collection of
list headers. How do  you want to archive your list if  it doesn't have a
header? How is the database filled in, who is the owner, etc?

  Eric