Barbara Passmore <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:50:55 -0500
Listserv 1.8d is the version under which I operate my list.

I have been having problems with AOL people banning other listmembers which
they can now do.  When Listserv sends a message to a subscriber from a
person they have banned, it is returned to me as an error message with the
explanation that the AOL subscriber has refused to accept mail from the sender.

I have written those who have done it and have asked them not to ban other
listmembers and have explained why, but they still fail to change their
blocked list.    I don't want to post to the list about it since AOL serves
about one-fourth of my total list of 725, and others who don't know about
it may get the idea to do it, also.

Is there any action I can take if they refuse to eliminate their bans short
of deleting them from the list?  I have tried setting them "nomail" but of
course they can change that back again.  "Nopost" and "review" do not work
in this instance.

Apparently, AOL does not use a filter system which most of us have access to.

Any ideas?

Barbara Passmore