"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 11:49:55 -0400
Carolyn Sprague <[log in to unmask]> asked for her co-owner:

> I am posting this question as a quiet owner to the LRN-ED list.  The owner
> has been experiencing problems getting the list header and executing other
> owner priveledges since July. (Prior to that time, he had no problems.)
> He has several mail aliases (could be the problem) and has reconfigured
> his Eudora account (another possible source of the problem).  No matter
> which address he sends the commands from, his system seems to only
> recognize one address ([log in to unmask]) and will return replies
> to that address.

I didn't follow the suggestions that Pete Weiss or Douglas Winship gave
you in previous messages, perhaps because we need more info and are
each interpreting your question differently.

If the problems are still continuing, could you (or your co-owner) give
us more detail, preferably by including examples of the errors, about
the following:

1. What specifically do you mean by "problems getting the list header"?

2. What does "several mail aliases" mean?  Does (a) he have an aol.com
   account, a msn.com account, and the minet.gov.mb.ca account; or (b)
   is there minet.gov.mb.ca and xxx.gov.mb.ca and yyy.gov.mb.ca, etc.?
   (Or something else entirely?)

3. What configuration changes were made and are to be made in Eudora?

4. What does "his system only recognizes one address" mean?  If we're
   talking about 2(b) above, does he only receive mail addressed to
   minet.gov.mb.ca yet outgoing mail goes out as xxx, yyy, etc.?  (If
   *this* is the problem, if Eudora lets you add a From: header line,
   it might help.  WARNING: Eudora novice, here.)

En paz,
Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236, WWW has PGP
[log in to unmask]    URL=http://pobox.upenn.edu/~thompson/index.html