Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:26:38 -0500
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:38:02 -0500, Michael McIntire <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I would be interested in the methods everyone is using (if at all!) to
>include list level mail-merge posts in the list archives, particularly
>announce only lists.

In the List Header:

* DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOMAIL   (sets all new subscribers to NOMAIL)

Send a separate command:

QUIET SET listname NOMAIL FOR *@*
  (sets all current subscribers to NOMAIL)

Add the List Address as a Subscsriber:
  QUIET ADD listname [log in to unmask]

List Header has 'normal' Notebook archives:

  Notebook= Yes, e:\listplex\peach\lists\lstown-l,monthly,public

Post a message to the list

//20030129-A JOB
// DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE [log in to unmask] ,
DBMS=LIST(listname,NOMAIL) PW=???????
//TO DD "1=1"
//DATA DD *,EOF