Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 May 2000 16:14:30 -0400
On 7 May 00, at 16:47, NewsLetter Administrator wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out a way to Customize an e-mail to the list where it
> will include everyones e-mail address.  This is for an announce only list.
> Does listserv include a way to do this?  I tried in the listname.welcome
> file with no success.  I didn't find anything in the list owners manual or
> the site owners manual.

This requires the use of mail-merge, which in turn requires the use
of LSMTP. Mail-merge is documented in section 4 of the
Developer's manual:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/devindex.html

Note that this section describes both DBMS and mail-merge.
While mail-merge is usually used in conjunction with DBMS,
DBMS is not required for mail-merge (or vice-versa). If all you want
to merge is names, you can use mail-merge with a regular
LISTSERV list -- see section 4.6.

Francoise